Friday, January 27, 2017

First Day of School

8/24

The weekend before school started Amanda and I treated the girls to a pre-school week pedicure. We also heard that a local ice cream place was selling their state fair ice cream sandwiches in their shop!

These are peppermint ice cream sandwiched between chocolate cookies and they were divine! Luckily we drove fast because we got there a few minutes before they closed!!







A few days later the kids started school on Wednesday. It was late start so we had plenty of time to get up and get ready, and my secret was - I took the pictures the night before so we weren't stressed about it (genius!)

We walked to school and I did great dropping them off - but as I walked home I got really teary eyed....all of my babies were in school...Their babyhood was over! I had a hard time walking the mile or so home wallowing in self pity...looking back on it a few months later I have taken on so many volunteer activities my days stay very full - but in that moment I felt like I had sort of lost my purpose! I couldn't wait for them to get home and tell me about their day!!

Grayson of course LOVED school, as did the other two. It was going to be a great year!











No comments: