Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bathroom Remodel

Josh had a fun filled weekend a few weeks ago in Denver. His good friend Chad was turning 35 and his wife Tara surprised him with Broncos tickets, in Denver, with all of his family and friends. So, Josh got to go to an NFL game and celebrate with his buddy.

I thought I would surprise him with a bathroom makeover. We have always hated the tan color in our  bathroom, and have talked about changing some of the molding in our house to white. So I killed two birds with one stone! I got up early, worked during the boys naps, let the kids help, and stayed up late to get it all done before he got home! It was a little more work than I thought...3 coats of white paint on trim, sanding and staining tub surround, and just painting around all the bathroom fixtures, but it turned out great! Sort of a grayish purple..I love the color!

I do want to do something either around the mirror, or take it down and replace with two nice mirrors, maybe even tile behind the mirrors...but not bad for a weekend of work!






No comments: