Monday, July 16, 2012

Parade Time


Every year Ankeny does summerfest the week after the 4th...why we don't know, but we do have a good time :) This year josh was gone, so I had to plan accordingly. Good thing we have family support!

On Friday night they have a sort of "pre-parade" that all the little kids get to participate in. Its just a 3 block walk and you have to be under 10 I think. They still thrown candy, and McKenna wanted to be in it on behalf of Dojos...soooooo badly! So Gona came down to help wrangle the boys! They were not happy to have to sit. Both did great during the parade and I told them that they could have icecream after. Well Grayson had a MELTDOWN. It was 7 o'clock...so Gona was nice enough to take the kids for ice cream while I took screaming Grayson home :)







The next morning I had planned to take the kids to the BIG parade. But Friday morning I had had the worst pain in my lower back. It last an excruciating 4 hours, before I could take them to Eski's and head to urgent care. Turns out I had a kidney stone! I thought the worst was over, but Saturday had the same intense pain at 3am. Luckily Auntie Em came to the rescue and took them to the parade. Finally started feeling better Saturday afternoon. The cause is stress (hmmm....ya think? LOL)

As usual I have to edit all the candy the kids bring home...this is JUST McKennas! I try to throw all the gum and hard candy away. Then I tuck it away in the pantry so they sort of forget about it. The Ankeny parade is turning more into a commercial parade than fun horses and clowns..we may opt out next year?

Thanks to all my wonderful family for saving me this weekend!


No comments: