Thursday, March 21, 2013

Max

Zachey is SOOOO imaginative. He is constantly talking to his animal friends, saying things like "Mom did you see that unicorn?" and including them in his games and conversations. If you have ever seen the mask, Jim Carrey screams in a funny voice, "MAAAXXXX!" Zachey will say that randomly. Maybe when we are getting our shoes on, brushing his teeth, really doing just about anything, he will shout "MAAAXXXX!" Very hilarious. I think he believes that he has an imaginary pet dog most of the time. Unfortunately he is also in a blaming stage. Max pushed me out of the chair, Max dropped my peas on the floor, Max did it.

It took a turn in the extreme direction the other day. He got out of the bath and was drying off in his room. As usual, he was messing around. It usually takes him 30 minutes of occasional prompting to do any simple task. I just let him play in his room, continuously asking "Do you have your jammies on yet?"

All of a sudden, a naked 3 year old boy comes screaming into my room. He was sobbing and yelling "MOM!! Max pooped on the floor!!" I go in his room and there is a small piece of poop on the floor! I looked at Rylee and she did not have her guilty look, I look at Zachey and he is sobbing. I took him in the bathroom and tried not to laugh. I sat him on the potty and asked him why he pooped on the floor.

He kept insisting that Max did it. I read that at this age, kids aren't really lying, because their world is really on the border of fantasy. But, that didn't keep me from making him own up to it. After a little discussion he told me that his "bum couldn't hold it in, he was reading a book and forgot to go into the bathroom."

This has never happened before or since - sure he will be appalled some day to read this, but pretty funny looking back.

No comments: