Saturday, March 29, 2014

Zachey's School Birthday

How is my sweet buddy 5 years old? I remember his birth like it was yesterday....I cannot believe how quickly time flies!

This year for school we made some cute Mickey oreo treats! Was really pretty easy, dip in chocolate and attach other small oreos for ears. They turned out really cute! That morning we were rushing and of course the carefully packed container slid from my hands and half of them broke - but the kids didn't care ;)


I got to spend the morning with my little man as he went right to work at school. He showed me some sorting"work" that he really enjoys, and introduced me to some of his friends. He is quite independent Mr. Zachary.


Ms. Bailey made him a crown and rang the bell to get everyone situated around the circle.



For their birthday she lights a candle that represents the sun. Then the kids share a special picture and story of each year they have been on earth, picture and story for baby, 1st year, 2nd year and so on.

Then they walk around the sun and recite the days of the month once each picture...it is really cute!


After that the kids sing a special song about birthday and how they all love him. Then Zachey picks a feather and gets tickled once for every year - so cute to see him giggle. 


 I'm so glad I got to come! He was so happy to show off his school!

No comments: