Sunday, February 07, 2016

Noon Years Eve

I believe this will be the last time we frequent the science center's noon years eve party. While it is fun....it is so crowded! And this year will be forever burned into my brain as the year I lost Grayson. We toured all the exhibits including a really cool geometric traveling climbing maze that Zach got stuck on top of - another story....

We had about an hour until the balloon drop and so we headed to the boys favorite, the veggie and fruit sorting area. Kenna was burned out and in a little bit of a "tween" mood. She opted to sit on the side and play her ipod. I was there by myself so sort of looked around every few minutes to make sure all the kids were still in the same place, then Grayson wasn't. I told Kenna to go look at the other side of the room and she couldn't find him either...I started to panic.

My obvious panic must have been evident as an employee stopped me and said are you missing a little boy?

I followed her to the customer service desk just outside the room. It sounded like Grayson couldn't find me or the other kids and asked a lady with a nametag to help him. He told her my name was Brandi, I was wearing a black jacket and that his brother, sister, and I all had glasses. The lady complimented his very adult way of handling the situation but I was definitely in freak out mode....

So we stayed and listened to all the kids blowing their horns in our ears and the balloons fell and we ran as fast as we could to the car never looking back!

A fun tradition - but one we can live without next time!

The previous evening we had all stayed up till midnight at the Bellis' (grayson slept at mom's) and so the kids were probably already tired from that night - which was a much better and more fun tradition that we hopefully continue into the future!







No comments: