Wednesday, March 23, 2016

More Valentines Fun

One thing I really enjoy about staying home is having the time to make things special for the kids. We had time to make valentines boxes the way they wanted them (well we recycled zach's which i was TOTALLY on board with!)

And - I got to help with all three of their parties this year! It was a little more stress than it should have been considering they are meant to be fun - but I was happy to help. Grayson's was easy as I only had one small piece. Kenna's and Zach's were a little more involved - but all a raging success!

This year was different because they were not allowed to exchange candy as part of the valentines day festivities. So, we made do with some fun trinkets -and honestly the kids didn't miss the sugar.









Kenna set her alarm SUPER early on the weekend to get up early and make heart shaped pancakes and bacon for the whole family. We ended up putting the pancake batter in a big ziplock bag and making heats that way after a few failed attempts. Still so sweet that she would do that :)


My FAVORITE new tradition is one I saw online. Each morning I would get up before the kids and add another new heart to their door starting Feb 1st and going through valentines day. It was a way for me to share with them why I love them and what makes them special. One morning I forgot and they were all wondering where they were and asking me about them. I made sure to have an updated heart when they got home. I will definitely do this one each year as it added an extra sparkle in their eye every morning!




No comments: