Sunday, May 06, 2018

Dietary changes

We are conducting an experiment. We met with an integrative pediatrician for Zach. Through her over 30 years of experience she seems to think that inflammatory foods like dairy and gluten can lead to neurological struggles in kids. So, we are going gluten and dairy free for four months to see what happens. 

With that I created a “tasting“ menu for the kids. One Wednesday they woke up and rated all of these different gluten and dairy free foods to see what I could buy them. It definitely has been very difficult, and we sort of miss bread!

We have been noticing improvements with Zach, and most importantly we have taken him off adderol. My happy, carefree, silly, rested, and well fed boy is back!

If nothing else it has really made me refocus on what we’re putting in our bodies. While most of the “tasting “ menu was processed sugary food, I’m trying to focus more on all of us eating whole foods. Definitely a journey!








No comments: