Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rock on

On Tuesday this week I went back to work. Although it was really hard for me to leave my baby all day, it is nice to be back. I am only working three days a week, and I didn't realize how much fun my job was until I got back! I am also very happy with McKenna's nanny, so that puts my mind at ease.

On Thursday we got to go to a concert that I have been looking forward to for years! Journey and Def Leppard! It was awesome. I tried to buy tickets the minute they went on sale, and I was disappointed because only the balcony seats were left. But, I was just happy to go, and bought six tickets for Scott, Melissa, John and his friend as well as Josh and I.

The day of the concert I was working and in stumbled a very drunk stage hand from Def Leppard. He bought a laptop and starting chatting with Scott. In true Scott style he got the guy to arrange back stage passes for us! So, after work, we all met at a restraunt and then headed over to the venue. At will call we learn that the person arranging for our passes was drunk and passed out backstage. So - no back stage passes....bummer. But, to make it up to us, they gave us seats in the second row, center stage! Personally, even being a HUGE Def Leppard fan, I would rather have the seats then meet the group. It was one of the most amazing concerts I have ever been to. It ranks up there with Dave Matthews at the Gorge and Aerosmith. Journey was surprisingly great as well! I will post pictures as soon as we get them!

I had never seen Journey before, but their lead singer was very hot (sure he is not the original singer.) We were also impressed at the keyboardist. At one time he was playing a grand piano, a keyboard and a guitar. You can tell these guys have been doing this for a long time. Their base guitar player was amazing, but definately had seen better days. He was the only one out of the group that really showed his age. Def Leppard had some great talent too. They had a skinny guy that changed guitars at every song, a one-armed drummer that played with his feet as well, and a base guitar player that we were pretty sure was a girl until about the third song. But aside from their looks....really amazing!!! The highlight of the evening was the encore of "pour some sugar on me." I am sure it must be the highlight of a musicians career when a sold out coliseum of fans knows the words and sings along to your song.

No comments: