Saturday, November 11, 2006

6 month checkup

McKenna had her 6 month checkup yesterday, and another round of shots :( I know that they bother me more than her, but I still hate to see my little girl cry. She weighed in at 17 lbs and 25 inches long. That is between the 50th and 75th percentile for both. So - healthy girl! You are supposed to double your birth weight by 6 months and triple by 12. She is a little over double (probably because she inherited my chubby cheeks!) The doctor gave us lots of fun tips about how to introduce solids, so we are going to try some rice cereal tonight (be on the lookout for cereal covered baby pictures!)

The weather in the midwest is nuts. Three days ago I had to dig some shorts out for McKenna. I had put all her summer clothes away; but it hit almost 80 degrees here! So she wore that, the next day was kind of blah, then yesterday it snowed. What the heck? So, I packed all her summer stuff away again, and dug out the baby eskimo clothes....crazy.

--as you can see, Rylee is enjoying the fireplace with the new freezing weather--

No comments: