Monday, August 06, 2007

Aunt Marie

Two weeks ago my Aunt Marie passed away. She had been battling a rare form of cancer the last two years. She was one of the nicest people I have ever met, always worrying about everyone else's well being before her own. I was fortunate enough to make it to her funeral last weekend. It was a beautiful service, and the whole church was full. Menan is a very small town, and it was evident how much she meant to so many people just by the amount of people that came to her viewing and funeral. I am glad her suffering is over, but we will all miss her very much.

This poem was on the back of her program:

Right now I'm in a different place,
And though we seem apart,
I'm closer than I ever was...
I'm there inside your heart

I'm with you when you greet each day
And while the sun shines bright,
I'm there to share the sunsets, too...
I'm with you every night.

I'm with you when the times are good
To share a laugh or two,
And if a tear should start to fall...
I'll still be there for you.

And when that day arrives
That we are no longer apart,
I'll smile and hold you close to me...
Forever in my heart.

We'll miss you Aunt Marie.

No comments: