Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Another busy weekend

Thursday we went to Iowa City to see Mike Birbiglia. He was hilarious and well worth the drive. We both worked until 5pm on Thursday, then Gona and Baca picked Mac up at the Heathers. We drove the 2 hours to Iowa City and met up with Josh's friend from work, Dick and his wife Paula. They went to school at Iowa so they knew of an amazing sushi place right near the theater. I had salmon and a fushion shrimp sushi, it was awesome. We looked like quite the pair (not eating sushi much.) Josh was asking what wasn't raw on the menu and I ended up eating the Japanese pea pods wrong. I thought they were american and you eat the shell, turns out you are supposed to pop the little guys out....wow did I look silly! The waiter very politely asked if I had ever eaten them before...must have been obvious!

There were two comics prior to Mike Birbiglia that were pretty funny. The first guy looked like he had just woken up before the show, but he was just as funny as mike was! The second girl was a redhead that had a very high voice. I didn't think she was nearly as funny.





Pretty Hilarious. I fell asleep on the ride home...luckily Mac stayed at Gona and Baca's because I don't even remember climbing into bed.

On Saturday we had Scott, Melissa, Jaime and Char over for Ultimate Beef Stew and garlic bread, yum! Then we played ladder golf and scategories. Yesterday, I spent the day with a counselor for Clofax-Mingo high school. He did a great job of letting me know what a counselor does in the real world. He also graduated from Drake a few years ago, so we had a lot to talk about. And last night we went to see Tali cheer at the freshman football game. She was not so excited to see us there, but still did a great job, go Tali!

1 comment:

Spencer and Chelsey Shoemaker said...

i LOVE that mormon video, i have actually seen it before!!
I love joshs laugh in the second one. Do you know what is even more hilarious, austin (new friend) and i actually had a convo about nigga and cracka last night, I say cracka please to him whenever i see him!! lol