Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas #4 - Family Christmas

Today I got up at 2:30am to surprise Josh. I got him a monitor for Christmas and my parents got him a matching one (he wants two matching monitors so he can be batman.) My thought was to set up the monitors by the tree and have one of them display "from santa" and the other display "from Don and Deena." I silently took his computer downstairs, got the monitors all set up, booted his computer up and....then it asked me for the password I didn't have. Sigh...it was a good idea. So I put bows and little to/from labels on them and grumbled back to bed. Josh had no idea and was complaining that someone stole his keyboard before he figured out that his PC was downstairs....

--Two matching monitors, now all he needs is a batcave--

Mac slept in until 8:30 today. I think it is because she is slowly changing to Washington time. I brought her downstairs, and she noticed that the presents were "ah gon?" I showed her that someone had moved them into the living room.

--surprised (and slightly drowsy) toddler--

--Presents before the destruction--

Of course she noticed right away that Santa brought her an Elmo driving toy. She ran to the presents to retrieve it.

--Elmo!--

--after about 3 hours I got it out of the ridiculous packaging--

We opened the rest of our presents, running out of videotape about half way through...oh well. Josh got me new boots, a special messenger bag that I asked for for our Europe trip, a bundt pan, a label maker, some kitchen gadgets and a homemade collage of picture frames (pretty cool!) and I got him a case for the portable DVD player, a bag for him to tote around Europe, a pillow for the plane, and a CD of lovesongs from Hawaii.

Mac had fun opening her presents (and most of ours).

--opening trampoline (small) that we got for her--

She got the cutest clothes from Gavin, a sweater with fur on it and matching pants. She also got a really soft sweatshirt with pants from her cousin Andrew and 4 amazing dresses from Aunti April....she has great taste!!!

--Bringing present to mommy--

--Aunti April wrapped her presents so well that mommy had to help--

Daddy got Mac some software for 18month-3 year olds...I am sure she will be better with computers than I am in a few months. He also got her some legos and some fun things for the plane. Mommy got her a toybox - a little selfish as we NEED to get the living room organized.

--She seemed to like the pictures--

--The aftermath, thanks for cleaning it up daddy!--

Here are some cute videos of her playing with her presents:





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, Aunt April will have to remember not to use so much tape next year. ;)