Sunday, December 02, 2007

Turkey Day

It has been over a week since Thanksgiving, but we have been busy busy busy. It is our nutso time in retail with black friday, and the following busy weekend.

Josh decided he was going to make rolls this year. We have a recipe in my family that are the most amazing rolls I have ever eaten. Since I was swamped with homework and work this year, Josh decided he would try his hand at them. The first batch smelled amazing. He did everything the recipe said, but for some reason the dough wouldn't rise? He left it for an extra long time on the warm oven, but nothing. We baked them anyway, and they tasted great, but were a little heavy. We both blame bad yeast...it had to be.

Never settling for second best, Josh attempted a second batch. This time they rose wonderfully, they smelled great and looked incredible. When we started munching on them...they tasted kind of bland. It wasn't until later that Josh realized he had forgotten the eggs and half the salt.

Oh well, I think it was two successful attempts. He called the two batches the look right, taste wrongs, and the look wrongs taste rights. Good memories!

We went to Gona and Baca's for Thanksgiving Day. The plan was to go at 11am and to cook my green bean casserole there. Well, about an hour before we were going to leave, Gona called saying that her oven broke...we needed to bring our crock pots and turkey roasters. Everything turned out really yummy...maybe we should use those again next year!

Every year we have a Farkle tournament. It is a dice game where you add up points to win. This year Mike was the grand champion. It was quite the game!

--Mac and cousin Tali--

--Pretty table--

--Farkle tournament after dinner--

--Second half of contestants--

This year's black friday was fairly uneventful. Normally there are fights, arguments, yelling, nothing like that this year. I kind of enjoy the drama, as I am usually the one that has to deal with it...oh well! I suppose that is a good thing! I did work 36 hours in 3 days though....wow was I tired. Still my favorite time of year to work though!

No comments: