Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mac's boyfriend

I was so lucky the other day and got to spend the whole morning with Nolan. Damon and Shelly are our really good friends who live down the street. We talk to them or see them almost every day for one reason or another. Shelly had an interview, and I offered to watch Nolan while she was there. What was supposed to be an hour interview turned into about 4 hours, but it was great!

I was worried at first, because Mac has been known to be very jealous of her Mommy's attention. But she did really great! When I fed Nolan his bottle, Mac fed her baby. Then we burped our babies, and changed them. She did great as a little mommy. It makes me think she is ready for a little brother or sister :) The only time she got jealous is when she was getting sleepy and ready for a nap.

--Pretty laid back, enjoying the little bouncer--

--laughing and cooing--

I forgot how fun babies are at this age. He is starting to reach for things and giggle. We had a great time. I can't believe how strong he is. He is 4 months old and already rolling and holding his head up while on his tummy. They are going to have their hands full!

--Here is Mac showing Nolan how to spin--

Handling two kids is definitely a new dynamic. I am glad that we waited to have kid #2 until they were farther apart. I don't know how people do it with a baby AND a 2 year old.....whew!

No comments: