Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bon Jovi!!!!

I have been wanting to see Bon Jovi perform since the 80s. I LOVE everything he has ever written/sung/done, and it doesn't help that he is nice to look at :) Sunday, I dragged Josh to the concert with me. McKenna stayed the night at Gona and Baca's and got to play on her new swingset that they bought her!

Daughtry opened for Bon Jovi, but they didn't have any neat lighting or screens. It was hard to see him, and he didn't really connect with the audience in my opinion. I still thought he did a great job, and I have only voted once for American Idol...and it was for him, so was nice to see him live!

--Daughtry kept facing his drummer--

--Up close--

--up close of Bon Jovi--

--another up close shot (still really hot huh? :) --


--Josh made a comment that Jon doesn't even need to sing his songs anymore because the crowd knew all the lyrics to almost everything. So much energy in the arena!--


--who wouln't like 60 foot pole dancers...very classy :) --

--us before the concert--

--The lighting was amazing!--

--At one point, Richie sang a song to distract us, and Jon came out into the audience to sing Bed of Roses! He was only a few feet from us!--

--Another sweet lighting setup--

--Daughtry came out and sang Dead or Alive with Jon--

--you can see it was a sold out crowd--

Bon Jovi sang for over two hours, we definitely got our $100 a ticket money's worth. It was by far one of the best concerts I have ever been to. He sang a lot of new stuff, but also sang some of my favorites: bad medicine, always, livin on a prayer, bed of roses, i'll be there for you, and so many others...2 and half hours is a long time to sing!!!

No comments: