Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I give up

Every year I attempt to surprise Josh with a really amazing birthday gift...and every year it fails. I have spent the better part of this year pretending that we do not need a wii. It is too expensive, we'll never play it, let's wait until they come in different colors...any excuse I could think of! I have secretly been plotting to buy him one for his 30th birthday! So we finally got a shipment in at work, and I made all the arrangements to get one before we left for Europe.

As is true to form, Kasey, a friend of Josh's, offered to sell him his wii for a great price....I could not come up with a good rebuttal....so I just gave in and said Happy frickin birthday...that is what I was going to get you. I sulked for a few hours, and am over it now...but this happens every year!!!

Someday I will surpirse him...until then we are going to be playing Paper Mario.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry!!!

Kevin's Mom said...

I gave one to Nate for his 30th last month! Enjoy the Wii! Hopefully we will be seing you in Iowa real soon