Friday, September 10, 2010

Preschool

Kenna is LOVING preschool. She runs right up to the door everyday, waving "Bye mom!" She doesn't even look back as she runs into the front door. Yesterday we got to run errands together all afternoon after I picked her up and we had quite the coversation about school.

Me: what did you do today
Kenna: oh, I probably can't remember
Me: well, what work did you learn about today (In Montessouri they are tasked with "work" throughout the day
Kenna: OH! Today we learned about screws, and locks and keys. I worked with the magnet pen. It was not a new work today, it was something that I learned about last week, so I am really good at it.
Me: did you eat all your lunch?
Kenna: well, mostly. I didnt mostly like the apple crunch things. Remember mom, we went to the pool and I tried them there, and I didn't like them. So I threw them away. But my turkey wrap was good and I saved the ducky toothpicks, they're in my bag.
Me: what else did you do?
Kenna: well, I mostly played with Allison, cause she has the prettiest shirts. It was really soft, not like furry, but like a blankey.

Apparently to be "in" with McKenna, we must wear soft and pretty shirts...too cute :)

No comments: