Monday, June 06, 2011

Recital

There were a few things I have been waiting for for what seems like forever! The first was the arrival of my sister, she is staying the summer with us as she attends Drake for an MCAT course; the arrival of my mom to help take care of baby #3; and Kenna's dance recital. She has been working so hard all year to work up to this event, and she did so well!

The theme was Disneyland, and they rented out Steven's auditorium in Ames. The studio had 4 seperate shows each 3 hours...it was amazing the sheer number of dancers, props, and acts. I was so impressed at the job they all did, was soooo cute!


--the six year olds did "Its a Small World" the costumes were too cute not to photograph-- 

--the 4 year olds did "Casey Jr Comin Down the Track" with Snow White costumes-- 

--Kenna did "Very Merry Unbirthday" from Alice in Wonderland-- 

--she did so well following the choreography-- 

--her second number was Pineapple Princess from the Tiki Room--

I was so proud of her. I was never a dancer, but I can tell she really loves it and is starting to learn some real dance technique. I can't believe how much she has improved over last year!!

Here are some very forbidden videos of her performance...we weren't supposed to film so we could buy the professional DVDs...c'mon now!



No comments: