Thursday, September 08, 2011

Chelsey and Spencer

We have been looking forward to Chelsey's wedding, as we got to see first hand a lot of the planning over the summer :) On Thursday Gona and Baca came over to get a briefing on all things Zachey. We toiled with whether or not to take him with us when we were buying tickets. But with two full days of travel and lots of events in between...we thought it better to leave him home with Gona, Baca and Auntie Em. It ended up better for both him and us.

On Friday we dropped him off at Eski's and took Kenna and Grayson to the airport. I will say that Josh and I are a well oiled machine when it comes to airports at this point. I was el cheapo and insisted that we get everything in two carry ons. We flew through Minneapolis and through to Spokane. The kids did great! 

We landed in Spokane and got our rental car. We thought we would be clever and find a restaurant on the 2 hour drive to the Tri-Cities. Well, no one told us that the one and only restaurant was attached to a gas station in the middle of no where.

After a round of very mediocre chicken strips...we were on our way to my mom's house. I was surprised at how well both kids did with the crazy day and 2 hour time change. We got to see all of my family at my mom's; she threw a BBQ for all the travelers. 

On Saturday we got up and got the kids ready (including Ms. Kenna's hair that took almost 2 hours!) I will say I haven't done hair like that since my days of prom...many moons ago. Then we went to get pictures taken, came home and played, and went to the reception that afternoon.
--Kenna in her flower girl dress--


--seems wrong not to have the boys in the picture--

--Shawnte and Kenna are only a few months a part, they had a blast together!--

--flowers and Lyndsi and Mikayla--

--just married--

--kenna andrew and anna being silly--

--pretty hair--

On Sunday I got a chance to visit with Maren and take Josh and Kenna down to the playground of dreams near the river. She has quite a lot going on right now in her life, so was good to just chat for a while. Josh and Brandon got a chance to play frisbee golf and I made salmon and pizza for dinner. That evening we watched Chels and Spence open their presents and played games into the evening. 

The visit went by very quickly, and I am very glad that we all got to go! Monday's trip home was very good and relatively uneventful. I will say that my kids are great flyers and Josh and I make a great traveling team! Yay for ipads, surprise plane presents from Gona and Baca and friendly people who will give up their seat so we can sit together :) Stay tuned for the adventures of Mr. Zachey while we were gone and more photos of Chels and Spence.

No comments: