Friday, June 22, 2012

Source of my Stress


So, we are landlords. It all started when my sister was looking for places to rent in ankeny and couldn't find a darn thing. The rental market is slim picking here, and it made me think...why don't we buy a property and she can rent from us? Then we saw how much upside was available...so we didn't buy one, we bought two :)

I quickly got educated on lease writing, iowa rental law, walk through requirements. I advertized the property on craigslist and have an amazing renter named Sherry. She is a traveling nurse and I am hopeful she will stay for a few years!

Between closing documents, cleaning and fixing things in the property, ordering a new washer and dryer, and just general running around I am pooped!

Here is our Fountain Pointe townhome. Will take pictures of Twin Gates property that Chelsey will stay in when we close next week!


No comments: