Thursday, November 22, 2012

RIP Murray


Realize I never blogged about this...that's what happens when I put things on facebook...I forget to put them here. A few weeks ago Kenna and I were headed home from Karate. We were stopped at the stoplight near DMACC. I was just talking to Kenna about this or that, then WHAM. Kenna immediately started crying, screaming "what happened?!!?!" I tried to remain calm. Pulled over and surveyed the damage.

A kid who wasn't paying attention, probably late for school, didn't even stop and smashed right into us. I could tell it was probably totalled...140K miles, 2004....probably not getting out of this one. I tried to maintain my composure and not give him the piece of my mind that was cursing and yelling because he hit my favorite car with my very precious cargo (kenna) in it. But, since Kenna was there, took the opportunity to talk about safety, seatbelts, and why I can't play her favorite song on full blast while I'm driving - importance of paying attention :)

Well, it was totaled. After getting a mini-van rental for a week, haggling with a non too friendly insurance adjuster, and going to clean out all of the belongings from Murray...we said goodbye. She was a great car, and has sort of been part of our family for as long as we have had kids. We decided to try running with 2 cars, and so far hasn't been too hard. We make it work, and we can just save the money we did get to help pay for a car when we do need one. 

So glad no one was hurt, and that, hopefully, that kid learned a lesson!


No comments: