Thursday, January 31, 2013

McKenna's writing

McKenna asked if I would buy her a notebook at the store just for her special writing. I said sure thinking she would write down names of her friends, or draw pictures or something. We had a day off of school together, so went to the store, got our nails done, just had a great day! We didn't care that it was snowing like crazy :)

Imagine my surprise when she shared her poem with me that she wrote...totally unprompted..totally on her own!

"I Love Winter"
frozen lakes
hot pancakes
lots of snow
hot coco
skates and skees
evrgreen trees
funny hats
thirmistats
sunsets blaze
holidays
snow ball fites
fire place nights
chimnees steeming
winter dreaming

I know I am biased...but to me this is amazing! I left the spelling the same because it is cute...what 6 year old thinks like this! Proud momma :)

No comments: