Monday, November 03, 2014

Happy Halloween! Minion Style

This year's Halloween prep started months ahead of time! The kids thought it would be fun to be minions, and therefor, Josh and I had to be Vector and Gru of course! I thought it would be easy, but actually took a lot of time to make these costumes! I was so pleased with the result though....so fun!!







We had our typical chili cookoff and neighborhood get together. Was fun as the kids were all pretty self-sufficient this year! I had to carry Grayson's bag a little ways, but what fun!!

On Halloween I surprised the kids with a not so scary Halloween lunch. Vampire egg, sandwich face, cookie decorated at Gramma Rue's and a pumpkin orange. They were still talking about it when I picked them up, so must have been a hit!!


As a way to lessen the sugary candy craziness - I "bought" the two older kids candies. I offered different amounts for different candies and the money would go towards the book fair books they want this week! Great timing on the bookfair if I do say so myself!! And the bonus is that the kids are excited to read their books - and won't miss the candy for sure!


No comments: