Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Easter


Easter is always a toss of the dice when it comes to weather. We decided to brave living history farms again this year as the kids were old enough to attend sans stroller! The morning was quite brisk and I was glad I brought gloves and hats for everyone! The kids started with an easter egg hunt - also known as scramble to find oriental trading trinkets. But they all found a little something that they were excited about!





This year was fun because the kids got into some of the other games. Kenna enjoyed the pancake flipping game and the pile as many hats on your head and run game (sure this had a more creative title, but it slipped my mind.)


Josh was an excellent pancake flipper/walker...this skill has been hidden all this time.



It started to warm up and we headed into the bunny barn. I'm surprised these rabbits weren't more irritated with all the kids holding and petting them, but they were very well behaved!




The Iowa Egg Council was handing out free egg burritos. Zach couldn't tell if he loved or hated them...it was quite funny and I caught him mid bite below. Quite the character!


Token Grayson "cheesey 3 year old" grin





After the kids got to pet baby chicks and lambs, we went on about a 2 minute horse ride, but long enough for the kids. The horses were really beautiful and I snapped a cute pic of Josh and Zach :)



The highlight of my day was watching McKenna get REALLLLLY into this potato sack race, like jumping as high as she could as fast as she could to get to the end, just full on giggle fest!





We got a special treat on easter day when Gramma Great came to our house. She gets pretty tired when she has to travel very far, so we were so grateful that she made the journey. She brought pillows for the kids and we had a great meal! Kathy and Denny brought the main courses and I made a salad and fancy dessert :) (Carrots in dirt cake.)





Cute kids and my crafty wreath I made - love it!



No comments: