Saturday, February 10, 2018

Valentines Parties

This party ended another year of classroom parties. I think the homeroom parents of the world are underappreciated. It takes quite a bit of effort and time to organize these parties for the kids. It really makes me have a new appreciation of the teachers, trying to herd the crazy kids to the various stations. I volunteer every year not because I love cutting 50 hearts for a Valentines craft, but because I love to be a part of my kids educational experiences. Secretly I get to watch them interact with their friends and I get a chance to another teachers a little bit better. I love seeing their faces light up when I get to have a fun party at school and stray from the norm.

In third grade they rotate classrooms, so I only have to do one portion of the party for 100 kids. We made an ASL I love you card. It was actually quite a hit! And Grayson’s class we made suncatchers, Played a heart game, and handed out valentines. I had a lot of fun, and I think the kids appreciate the hard work!











No comments: