Saturday, February 10, 2018

Gramma Mary 90th birthday

We were so lucky to spend a few days in Colorado with grandma Mary. I took Kenna with Brandon and I and Dad, Gary, Julianne, and Hannah all made it to her party. Dad put an ad in the local paper and about 100 people from her church came to celebrate her.

We had a really great time. We played a lot of cards, went out to eat if you times, and ended up staying just across the street in my grandma‘s friends trailer house. Staying there was a good reality check for McKenna. I think she got a dose of how lucky she is to have such a large house and nice things. The trailer house was fine, but definitely small. She also got a chance to play with a girl who lives next door to my grandma. I love that she can get along with anyone. 

Brandon picked us up around 4:30 AM on a Friday. Are you headed to the airport got to Grand Junction well before the party started at 1 O’clock. Since Brandon usually goes to bed around 2 AM he didn’t even sleep that day. We got to help set up the party and help serve food as Gramma‘s guest arrived at her church. Quite a few people said really nice things while Dad played MC.

Gramma was so happy to get around 80 cards. Hannah had surprised her and flown in for her birthday. I think that made Gramma‘s day. After that the rest the time I just spent catching up, eating ice cream, and going out for dinner. We played lots of cribbage and Trump. I had a good time catching up with my dad and Gary. I love hearing about all of their adventures, especially Gary‘s entrepreneurial ideas. My favorite part was listening to stories of Gramma growing up. Having to haul her water, lighting a wood stove to cook, and being in charge of feeding her family of 10 when she was 12. The look on Mccanna’s face was worth the whole trip! Happy birthday Gramma!













No comments: