Monday, June 09, 2008

Busy daddy and McKenna

Lately mommy has been a party pooper. Heather is out of town for two weeks, and I have had classes galore! We got back from Europe last Friday, then we had the wedding saturday. I had class monday, tuesday, friday and saturday, and worked three days last week. I am taking three classes so I can graduate at the end of 2009/beginning of 2010. So, because I have so much homework, and am so busy, Josh has been busy playing single dad.

--McKenna playing with her boyfriend, Nolo (aka Nolan)--

--Happy 30th birthday daddy! --

This past Sunday was the day after Josh turned 30. We had kind of a small party since we just got back from blowing all our savings in Europe. I told Josh that I bought him a turkish rug for his birthday :) Here he is blowing out the candles on one of his two cakes. Wes and Sarah were visiting family, so they stopped by and had burgers and cake. Gona and Baca rode in on their harleys and brought a second cake. Josh got to talk about our trip, and we learned that Wes likes to bird...which apparently means birdwatching. Was quite the story!

This weekend he went to Tara's 30th birthday party. It sounds like it was a lot of fun, with lots of Chad and Tara's family. They had it at a Mexican restaurant in Des Moines, and went to a bar afterwards. I went to class, did homework, and went to bed....lame!

Thank goodness we have such wonderful family around, because with Heather out of town, we have really had to rely on them! Gona, Aunti Em and Nikki have been the best babysitters in the land! Thanks so much for watching Mac, she comes home completely pooped, so we know she had a fun day!

Saturday Josh took McKenna to Gryte's while I went to class. They have built an awesome play house so they can be vicarious grandparents. Both of their girls are off becoming famous and are too busy to have kids right now, but once they do, Paul and Colleen will have had lots of practice! ***keep in mind, I am not responsible for dressing her in any of the following pictures......

--McKenna LOVED this little playhouse out in back of Gryte's--

--At one point she said "I love this house"--

--chessin for the camera--

--so pretty out in the woods--

--gona and colleen had fun too--

--looks like daddy had a tired little girl on his hands--

Then, on Sunday, Josh took McKenna to grandma and grandpa greats. Gona, Baca, Aunti Em and Kade came too, and they had fun visiting and cursing the rotten weather we have had. The whole state is flooding. We have received record rain, and many people that I know have had flooded basements! They had to close down part of the street that my store is on, because half of the street was under water! It flooded the walmart down the road, which I am secretly happy about :)

Hopefully I will be a better mom/wife in the upcoming weeks. This weekend, I took three days off in a row, and I am hoping to potty train my little munchkin...more on how that goes later!

No comments: