Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My kodak moment

This is just a simple wow moment. 2 years ago, I almost quit Best Buy because I really wanted to be a stay at home mom, and because I couldn't fathom spending so much time away from my baby. The company said no way and let me stay on just three days a week. That was a little more reasonable, and it helped finance our trip to the Mediterranean :) I have been a little sad though, because with all the work we have done to make part-time management a reality, the company is still struggling with the idea. Well, the VP of human resources met with me, Lindsay, Jeff and Char and was overly impressed at the work we have been doing. Thursday he is sending down a private film crew to capture our story on tape, and to use the video to present to the VPs and CEO when he officially roles jobshare out as policy!!! Its amazing what three women who want to stay home with their kids can accomplish! Yay innovation!!!

--here is my very rookie picture that I took to make the first jobshare brochure :)--

No comments: