Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wisconsin and a Booboo

I will be covering for my District Human Resources manager on her maternity leave. I am starting my integration into the role, and have been going to retreats and meetings. This week I got to go to Wisconsin while we had our quarterly get together with the midwest territory human resource managers. There were about 14 of us there. We stayed in a really amazing resort right on Lake Geneva. Luxury all the way, had amazing food, salmon, lobster, crab legs...whatever you could imagine. I can get used to this job! I was also inspired by all the great work HR is doing in the company. I will be over 18 stores, this holiday season, and am really looking forward to it! I can't wait to get started! The downside is all the travel away from home...I already miss my little girl :(

Speaking of which, while I was gone, she was running on our hardwood floors, fell and bumped her head. It was a pretty hard fall, but there was no serious bruises, so Josh took her to heather's. About noon I got a phone call with a frantic Heather telling me that she was crying, holding her head, and if she laid down she screamed. I felt awful being so far away and called Josh about 3 times before I knew he wasn't going to answer. After calling his sister, she told me that he was playing racquetball. We finally connected, he went to pick her up and take her to the doctor. Luckily she was fine, just a bonk on the head and a big swollen bruise :( Pictures to follow. But that night he took her to play with Chloe, and apparently they are best friends :)

So, great meeting, but major guilt for being away during Kenna's first medical crisis!

Oh, and on that note, I have been told by McKenna that her name is "kenna" She will say "no mommy, me kenna!" Or "kenna hungry" and "kenna go potty." So, I guess she is no longer Mac, now she is Kenna.

No comments: