Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kenna room remodel, and Auntie Em's bday

I guess I have been slacking a little on updating the blog, but we have been busy. After Josh left, I decided I needed a project to keep me occupied. So, Kenna and I moved all the guest room furniture out of the guest room, took apart and moved the whole office into the guest room, and made the office Kenna’s new room. We have been toying with the idea of getting her into a big girl room with a big girl bed for a while. I thought, why not surprise Josh when he gets home. We went furniture shopping, and found a set that Kenna really liked at Suite Dreams. They make solid wood, very nice furniture, but are also very pricey. I thought if I was going to spend that kind of money, I should wait until Josh got home. So, that night I was perusing craigslist, and I found almost the exact same set at only ¼ the price! It was from a family that lives in a $750,000 house, and their daughter was “tired” of it after only two years of use….fine by me! So I begged Damon to help me go get it. We picked it up and I finished painting the room and tonight is the first night she is sleeping in her new bed.

--new big girl bed--

--daddy moved dark shades from other room--

--mommy had fun painting, but man was it time consuming!--

--magnetic door, the paint kind of works--

--cute corner shelf--

Also tonight, we went to Texas Roadhouse for Auntie Em’s 40th bday. She had never been there, and I guess did not realize the embarrassment that they put you through on your birthday. Josh spent some time while he was fishing changing the tempo of a few songs to fit with Em’s desired pace when she runs. He put them in an ipod and we gave her that. I hope she likes it! At the end of the evening, one of the guys came over and brought a saddle on a sawhorse. They made her sit on it and asked for everyone to scream yeehaw, as they announced her birthday. For this ridicule, she received icecream…pretty funny!

--pretty earrings from Denny--

--riding the silly saddle.....sorry Em, it was hilarious!--

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Looks like a cute room. You did an excellent job. I am curious to hear what Josh will say. Kenna is getting so big and super cute. We can't wait to have one of our own!!