Monday, July 14, 2008

Summerfest

Yesterday we finished off summerfest with a GREAT day! Kenna and I spent all morning going to the park, playing outside, and pretty much stalling her nap. I was going to try and put her down late so she could stay up for the fireworks. Well...it was a good plan. She got so tired that we had to rock, read books, etc. until she finally went to sleep at 4:30. She slept for over an hour, then we went to the carnival. At first she loved riding the carousel with mommy holding her, but seemed a little apprehensive about the cars that went around in a circle and the elephants that went around and up and down. I told her that she was a big girl and could do it by herself. She went on every ride at least 4 times...what a blast!

Then on the way out we got her a popsicle, which consequently ended up all over her, but she loved it! I got lemonade and a gyro....yum! We also picked up some kettle corn for the fireworks later that night.

The whole time we were at the fair she didn't have to go potty, I think we were on day 6 or 7 of no accidents. Well, we went to Damon and Shelly's. I told her to try while we were there, and she said "I no have to go mommy" so I took her word....mistake. She had a minor accident on their carpet (sorry guys!) So, the streak is broken, but I think she was having so much fun rolling on the ground with Nolan she got distracted.

After we cleaned her up, we headed over to Damon and Shelly's friend's house. They are expecting in a month, and I think they got to experience what a hyper toddler is like. They live really close to where the fireworks are, and we had almost front row seats, but avoided the crazy traffic.

Kenna did great! She loved eating kettle corn and watching the fireworks. They had some really loud ones she didn't like, so halfway through she climbed up on my lap to cuddle and said "mommy, fiewuks too loud!" It was cute. I think she enjoyed herself, and I wouldn't be surprised if she sleeps in pretty late today!

--headin to the fireworks--

--sitting in the vacant lot near the park, perfect view!--

--a little squinty since it was totally dark. She thought eating popcorn in her own little chair was pretty cool--

No comments: