Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas #6 - just us

On Christmas Kenna woke up and knew exactly what was going on. "Did santa come?" was the first thing she said when she got up. I told her that we had to go downstairs and see what he brought her. We got daddy up and headed downstairs to see a tent, sleeping bag, drawing pad, tinkerbell chair, and a curious george doll in her stocking (her most favorite TV show!) She was so excited to have a tent and ran back and forth playing with everything. We had breakfast and stalled a bit because Gramma and Grampa Rue wanted to try and watch her open presents via the webcam. Well, little did I know that the webcam was not working on all three of our laptops, so josh had to monkey with that. By the time he got it working it was perfect timing for west coast to get up :)

So she opened the kitchen stuff and remote control car that Grampa Rue got her, and the clothes, baby and chapstick Gramma Rue got her. Then she opened the doctor kit Aunti chelsey got her. She definitely wanted to play with everything right then asking us to "open it pwease!" It was fun that they got to see her do that!

--playing with santa's toys--

--pretending to sleep with curious george--

--opening presents--

--she got two "rockin guitars" this year and she thinks they are pretty cool! Thanks aunti April and Gona and Baca!--

--the two guitars are very different, here is one of her playing Aunti April's--

--ah the aftermath--

As we get older Josh and I have become impossible to buy for. But we did good this year I think. Santa got him a blueray player, man was he surprised! I bought him a commercial grade weed eater for our back forrest :) I had to hide it in the baby's closet because there was no way I was going to attempt to wrap that! He did good too, getting me a Wii fit (post baby) and a set of ramikens which I didn't even ask for! I was so proud of him :) I think he secretly wants me to open a fun cake shop because I also got a build a bear cake pan...which will be really fun to decorate with kids, so excited about that :) We are so fortunate to be able to get all these nice things for each other!

After this Christmas was over I began packing and getting ready for my trip to San Diego for April's wedding!

No comments: