Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Updates and Sickies

Last night was rough. Kenna used to be an angel when going to bed. We would take a bath, read a story and she would hop right in, snuggle with her bear and go right to sleep. Lately she has complained that "her back hurts" or "her legs hurt." In essence she is complaining because her shirt and pant bottoms ride up a little because she is in that in between 2T and 3T stage. Last night she was doing her now typical complaining, but she woke up at 10pm to do it? Turns out that she had a mild fever. I was trying to get her to calm down and go back to sleep and she was coughing so hard she threw up all over everything. To make matters worse she and daddy had eaten way too much at Damon's for dinner...the things we go through for our kids :) Needless to say I gave her a little drink, changed her sheets and cleaned up while Josh washed her off and got her some new jammies (how do single parents do it?) She did wake up every 45 minutes or so after that just with general fever uncomfortableness - but she is fairing much better this morning. Luckily I can work from home this morning and go to my meeting this afternoon. Josh is going to stay home with her while I am gone.

As far as baby boy is concerned, my dr. visit on Friday was pretty eventful. The dr. said I was between 2-3 cm dialated, which is new. With Kenna I was only 1 for a long time, then went into labor...so this is different. But I feel good, achey but good. I have a feeling he may be coming a little early, but hopefully will make it through this weekend class, and preferably he will stay put until my mom gets here on the 19th! Time will tell! On a positive note I think we have a few names that we both like...so he won't be nameless forever :)

No comments: