Saturday, September 05, 2009

Worst Mother Ever

This blog is for my children later in life - so they can blame whatever problems they have on a moment that happened today. Josh worked basically until midnight or one in the morning every day this last week. So, I was single parenting it every morning and evening. Again, today, he had to go in, which hasn't actually been nearly as stressful as I thought. McKenna has been an angel with no whining and being very helpful. Zachary has been his jolly self, and we really have had a lot of fun...until today....

Kenna was eating lunch and announced that she was done and wanted to "be excuzed." I told her to get down and go wash her hands in the bathroom. I hear a thud and look over to her on the floor. She had pushed her chair too hard and tipped it over. So I set Zachary down to go help my screaming child. She was just scared and had no major damage. Seconds later I hear another small thud and look over. Zachary has rolled off the couch and (luckily) onto a huge pile of blankets and pillows. I run with kenna over to him and scoop him up, inspecting for any bumps or bruises. He giggles and I sit there feeling like the worst mother ever! I have NEVER had either one of my kids fall off of any bed, table, couch, chair and in a split second BOTH did! AHHH.

I spent a good portion of the rest of the day checking for bumps, searching for redness, checking reflexes, making them follow my finger with their eyes...I think I really over reacted...but still, what a crappy occurrence!

No comments: