Saturday, January 09, 2010

Car Ride Home

One of the best moments of my day is when I walk downstairs at Eski's house and pick up the kids. Zachary is at the age where he sees me and crawls as fast as he can to my feet, then throws his arms in the air in his attempt to say "pick me up!" Kenna always screams "Mooooommmmmy!!!!" runs to me and gives me a HUGE hug. I love it!

However, I hate the event of putting the kids in the car. We recently bought McKenna new carseats (two, one for each car) therby handing down her old ones to Zachary. So Josh turned them rear facing, and the act of getting the kids upstairs, getting boots on, coats zipped, hats and mittens on, carrying the diaper bag, Kenna's "projix", and my 20lb boy, opening the inner door, then the outer door, then closing both doors, making sure kenna doesn't slip on the ice, or freak out because it is so cold, buckle Zachary in, cover him up with a blanket, buckle kenna in, cover her with a blanket, get in the car, start the kids music, deep breath....

Then my favorite part resumes. Kenna starts talking about her day and doesn't stop for the 10-15 minutes it takes to get home :)

Yesterday was especially funny:

Kenna -Mommy, today Zachary had a blow out (when he poops up his back....the result of him having no butt to block said poop.) It squished out on Eski's rug. So Eski took it upstairs and brought down a new rug. Cause I don't like poop."

Kenna - "And then for lunch we had those round things...what are they called mommy?"
Mommy - "um...grapes? corn dogs?"
Kenna - "Nooooooo....not that"
Mommy - "well, what color are they?"
Kenna - "lellow. And they are hot, you know those things mommy?"
Mommy - "tator tots?"
Kenna - "YEEAAHHH!! Taber tots with cat-sup. I love em, we ate all of them, and then I was full."
Mommy - "did you know they are made from potatoes?"
Kenna - "No mommy, eski got them in her oven."

1 comment:

Spencer and Chelsey Shoemaker said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!