Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mommy's Reflections

Zachary - I can not BELIEVE that you are one today. I think this has been the fastest year of my life. I remember bringing you home from the hospital, so much more confident than we were the first time around. You have always been so layed back, only crying if you were hungry or overly tired. I love that you are starting to find your independence wanting to get into everything. You are so observant and can take hours examining a ribbon or shiny toy.

I appreciate your humor. You find the world hilarious, with the funniest time being post-bath. You love to crawl back and forth on our bed and bury your head in our pillows with giggles. And your big sister is just the funniest thing you have ever seen.

You idolize Kenna always wanting to play with her cinderella castle. Always getting into her toys, and for the most part she is patient. But there are times when she is not, and turns your name into three syllables. "ZA-KA-REY!"

You love your Rylee. Your first word was "da-hee" (doggy.) You giggle when she tries to eat the food you drop when you are eating. And BOY can you eat. You have not become too picky, but we definetly know when you are done. You throw your cup on the floor or start throwing food.

I think you will walk any day now. You will stand with toys in your hand, then realize you are standing without holding on. Then you reach out to steady yourself - not quite grasping the freedom you would have if you just took a step.

My favorite part about this age is your desire to cuddle. When Daddy or I come into the room, you speed crawl to our legs, pull yourself up and say "ahh" trying to tell us you want to be held. You have always been cuddly, and I can tell that you are becoming less-so over time and I know that is part of growing up. One of your favorite new skills is the ability to point at everything and say "dat" almost asking us to explain what it is.

Reflecting on a year ago, I couldn't beleive this day would come. I cannot wait to watch you learn and grow this year. I love you so very much! - Love mommy.

No comments: