Sunday, October 10, 2010

Visit to Colorado Springs




I had been planning on visiting April in October for a few months now, as I thought she was moving to Germany in November. Well, the army had other plans, and her move has been delayed indefinitely. So, I wasn't going to cancel my trip, and I had been planning a surprise baby shower for April for a few months at this point :)

I arrived Friday afternoon and we went to the spa. After a bit of a scheduling snafu with the spa, we weren't able to get in for the massage April had booked for us. They squeezed us in for mani/pedis and they did a good job and we enjoyed the pampering. We went to dinner and I got to check out her wide array of baby boy clothing :)

The next day we went shopping all day. I was on the search for a new purse, and it was fun to look at baby stuff :) Then I had to trick April into going to her shower that afternoon (I think she had an idea of what was going on.) 
We arrived at Montegue's Tea House at around 3:00pm. Her friends were all there waiting, much to my relief! I had been planning this virtually for months and it really worked out wonderfully! I had the decorations, supplies and prizes shipped to her friend Emily, and luckily she set everything up early!

We started the day with a piece of advice from everyone. Then I had the girls make their rendition of Baby Woelke with magazine clippings...hilarious! We had snacks and moved on to "The price is right." After some more chatting and cake, we finished the day with a video from Nate. I asked April questions and the guests had to guess whether or not Nate answered the same way. It was really fun, and turned out just as I had planned!
--decorated tea house--


--one of the girls made Nate's Westpoint uniform into a diaper bag....really cool! Made her cry :) --

--price is right baby game!--

--april opening gifts--

--pretty momma--

On Sunday we had the second half of our spa day with facials and massages. We went out to dinner at a great restaurant and got to make jewelry with April's mom. At some point we also did a prenatal yoga DVD hosted by a pregnant trapeze artist...she was hard core!

April had a craving for crepes...and I know you never deny a pregnant woman food! We went to Manitou Springs on Monday. Its a great little trendy shopping area with a restaurant focusing on crepes. We shopped all morning, and checked out the old fashioned penny arcade.

--area was just gorgeous--


--April, baby and I--

--I had a greek crepe, veggies, chicken, olives, taziki sauce and feta cheese, YUM!--

--of course April got a dessert pumpkin crepe...look at how happy she is :) --

I made it home late monday night, and we have been running ever since! Busy time of year for the Skinners! I had such a good time with April and talking about babies...so fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had so much fun! Thank you again!