Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day

Kenna must have been learning about saving the planet on earth day. She has been extra excited about recycling, taking short showers etc. The tip of the iceberg happened yesterday. On the way to soccer I forgot to grab her soccer ball so we drove home quickly to get it. I just opened the car door, ran to the garage and grabbed it and jumped back in (never closing it.)

I get a lecture when I get back in the car! Mom - you should have closed the door! There are only a few polar bears left! You left the door open and let the hot air out and it is melting all their ice! You don't want them all to die do you? I love polar bears!

Between giggles I asked how we could help the polar bears? She said that we needed to keep the earth cool and make more ice for them to sit on. Or we could raise some as pets in our garage and buy them lots of fish to eat, digging them a pond in our backyard.

I didn't do the conversation justice as she was.so.intense! But I am glad she is concerned about the polar bears and the heat that is escaping from my open car door :)

No comments: