Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day Pagent

It never fails to amaze me how wonderful Kenna's preschool is. Although it is rather expensive, it is worth every penny to see how much Kenna is learning every day. They did a mother's day recital with a Hollywood theme. Imagine 30 preschoolers all organized, singing, and SIGNING the words to about 8 different songs! They sang Lady Ga Ga'a Paparazzi, which was hilarious, and then some classics from Annie, the Beatles and The Wizard of Oz. My favorite was a song I have never heard before? They all joined hands and started swaying. Then they sang the words. The messaging was something along the lines of I am a beautiful child, be patient with me and believe in me and I will blossom into a beautiful person. By the end ALL the mothers were completely balling. It was such a sweet performance! We had snacks after and Kenna presented me a watercolor portrait she painted of me that they framed and wrapped. It was awesome!

We also had a fun time reading all the "stars." The theme was, my mother is a star because.... Some of them were quite hilarious. You had the standard, because she is pretty, or she takes me to the park. One said because she has big muscles..glad that wasn't mine :)

Kenna's said, my mom is a star because she can catch my brother's cup without even looking. I guess the day that they made these was the morning that Zachey threw his sippy cup and I just, instictually, reached out and grabbed it without looking. McKenna was in owe and Josh made a big deal about my "super power" being able to have super fast reflexes. I got a good laugh out of it :)




--standing next to her two BFFs, Chloe and Campbell-- 





--we ran out of memory on the camera and the camcorder, but luckily josh got this on tape--

No comments: