Sunday, May 08, 2011

Start of Soccer Season

So a couple weeks ago Kenna started her soccer camp, Kicks for Kids. When I originally registered her for it 2 months ago I asked Josh, will you be available these 5 fridays because I don't want to be uber pregnant and try to wrangle both of them on a crowded soccer field. He assured me he would be, so I wasn't worried....until he came home a few weeks ago and said, so I'm starting softball on Fridays....ugh.

So, me thinking I am super mom and it is no big deal, I took Kenna to soccer with Zachey in tow. It went pretty well. She recognized a few kids from school and dance and hung out with them. There were probably 100 kids and 200 parents, so a little crazy. I attempted to keep track of her with one eye, and watch Zachey run, play on the toy, run across the bridge, and ensure he wasn't falling in the lake, off the slide, or running into the parking lot. Like I said, it went pretty well. My back was sore and I was tired, but I was thinking...yay I did it. Then it ended and Kenna found me and just kept running past me towards the parking lot. I told her to slow down and wait on the sidewalk for me. I then turned around to see Zachey waaaaayyy behind me with his water bottle standing there having a drink. I tried coaxing but he was content just standing there. So I went back, scooped him up (he had a very nasty poopy diaper to add insult to injury) I turn around and Kenna is gone. So I mildly freak out, attempt to sort of jog with said poopy toddler in hand and big belly bouncing trying to find her. I am shouting her name looking like a deranged frantic pregnant momma and ended up finding her standing by our car. 

I attempted not to freak out and give her a lecture. She though I meant to stand by the sidewalk next to the car, she was attempting to follow directions. So holding back tears I put the kiddos in the car and explain to kenna that there are naughty people who could take her, or she could be hit by a car because she is so small they may not see her. I think I overdid it because Kenna started crying and apologizing, which was not my intent....sigh....someone should make a manual for this parenting thing! Luckily Denny and Kathy have volunteered to help the next few soccer days so I will not have a repeat of this crazy night.


--my little soccer star--

No comments: