Saturday, July 23, 2011

Feeding the Ducks

I did it! I know it has been 6 weeks...but I successfully had a day trip with all the little ones on my own. I mean, I have gone some quick places like a drive through bank, or to Eski's and back, but this was a full on outing :)

Josh, Chelsey, Tali, Demonte, Emmi and Kade went to Adventureland today, a six flags and waterpark just east of Des Moines. I think it will be a blast when our kids are older, but they aren't really at the age to fully enjoy it yet.

So, not to be outdone, we went to the lake and fed the ducks. There is a great spot in Ankeny that always has a million ducks and isn't crowded, so I could easily push Grayson around and watch the kids. 

--Posing with Grayson--

--don't let that look fool you..he is just mad he had go potty before we left--

--the ducks were not afraid at all--

--Zachey kept saying "here ducky"--


--what is this face?--



So, while this was impressive enough, I then ventured to the grocery store! Let me tell you, there is no cart that holds three kids, at least by design. I found one that had a "kid" part with steering wheels up top, then squeezed grayson's car seat in the lower part...not the safest, but it worked. And we are enjoying baked sandwiches and strawberries as we speak. They were so great, actually not nearly as bad as I had envisioned!

No comments: