Sunday, July 03, 2011

Potty Training

So - this weekend we took on the very fun task of potty training a 2 year old boy. There are many differences between training McKenna and Mr. Z. He is much more into the game/toy he is playing with and has a harder time knowing when he has to go. There is definitely the added challenge of aiming down into the potty (Josh referred to it as arterial spray I believe?) And, the method I used with McKenna and Zachary is the same with one slight difference...with Kenna I made her drink juice boxes all day (so she had lots of opportunities to "practice".) But, I bought the cheap, mostly water and sugar version. With Zachey, I made the mistake of buying 100% fruit juice...instant diarrhea...oops! Poor little man.

But he is doing really well day two. Told us lots of time he has had to go, and only had one pee related accident...waita go Z!

The funniest moment has had to be trying to teach him to "hold it" when he had to go. He says, "Okay mommy, I hold it." Then he grabs his crotch and walks around....not quite what I meant ;)

 --playing on the hardwood, for easiest cleanup--

--proud of his undies--

No comments: