Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

McKenna has been SOOOO excited for school. We went to meet her teacher on Thursday night. She was definitely a little intimidated by the 650+ kid school. April, Kenna, Kanon and I walked over and we met Daddy there. We met Mrs. Stevenson and learned that she is awesome. She has 33 years of experience teaching kindergarten and just loves loves loves it. She gave Kenna a list of things she had to do before she left that evening. We put all of her supplies away, located the bathroom, gym, music room, guidance room, library and got to know the school.

She enjoyed her last weekend as a pre elementary student. Daddy had to leave on Sunday for a training in Chicago. He was sad that he wouldn't get to see his girl's first day of school, but he had a surprise in store! While Kenna and I were getting our nails done on Sunday he had set up an elaborate treasure hunt! We didn't know until bedtime. Kenna laid down on her pillow and heard a krinkling sound. He had hidden a paper in her pillow with her first "clue." It told her that she had to wait until Monday morning to finish the hunt.

I thought that it was such a sweet and cute idea. As I was laying down in my bed, I was surprised that I had one too! He made me wait as well because the first clue led me to Grayon's room and of course he was asleep...darn!

The next morning I got up early to get the boys ready as well as McKenna. She woke up with her alarm at 6:30 and immediately went in search of where the clues led her. After much searching we ended up in the garage and found a repunzel doll that Kenna thought she had picked out for one of daddy's friend's daughters (very sneaky daddy!) I followed my clues and it led me to a pair of very dangly, very girly earrings. I can't wait to wear them :) Daddy is so creative! It really made Kenna's day!

I successfully got the boys to daycare by 7:30 so I could spend time taking Kenna to her classroom and her locker and making sure she was comfortable.

--my sweet kiddos!--
The parking lot was a madhouse! Imagine the parents of 600 kids all trying to drop them off....oh my!


 --here she is by her locker--

--she gave me a sort of nervous goodbye, but walked right in!--

I don't think I could be any more proud of my little girl. McKenna you are a beautiful, kind, energetic, happy, wonderful young lady and most importantly so excited to learn. I hope that you always have this energy, I am so very proud of you!

No comments: