Sunday, August 21, 2011

Frisbee Golf and Block Party

Last night daddy came home...yay! We sure missed him. I got to sit and enjoy a meal last night at the block party without holding someone, rushing, or also trying to feed someone besides myself...it was wonderful :)

We all headed down the street around 5. I loaded Grayson in the stroller with the brownies we made and drinks for everyone. Then I got Zachey and all our chairs in the wagon while Kenna rode her bike. We set up our chairs and played for a while before daddy got home and joined us. This year they got an acoustic band that came to play cover hits, and they were really good! Also, after a few hours a police car, fire truck and ambulance came. The kids got to meet the officers, climb in the vehicles, get handcuffed and finally got sprayed by the firetruck hose. The screams were hilarious! We got to meet some more of our neighbors and catch up with those that we don't see as often - lots of fun!

Today we wanted to get outside and do something. Daddy suggested that we go play frisbee golf. I wasn't sure how the boys would do, but we thought...why not? So off we went to Big Creek State Park and played on the course there. There was no one there, so we didn't look too silly pushing a stroller through the frisbee golf course :) Kenna did a great job and had some really good throws! Zachey was more interested in spider webs, sticks and leaves...but he did get a kick out of throwing the frisbee a bit and being outside :)

Tonight we are going to Andersen's for dinner to hang out with Leticia and Jason while they are in town and this ends my maternity leave. I am excited to do my internship this fall, but I am also bummed that my snuggle time with Grayson is over. Going to take advantage of every minute of downtime that I can, because he's growing up so fast!!






--loving his hat, and this giant stick--

--grayson was loving just being outside--

--blowing on a dandy lion--


--kenna was upset that we didn't bring the snacks she wanted--

No comments: