Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Soccer

Kenna is doing so well at soccer this year. My somewhat timid, cartwheel turning, lolly gagging 4 year old soccer player has now blossomed into a competitive, speedy and quite powerful 5 year old soccer player. She does a great job of hustling, and has kind of grasped the idea of "getting in front of the ball" and "turning it around." She is also learning how to pass, keep it in bounds, and get it to the goal. I just love watching her turn on the jets and run fast!

I think it is equally as cute that Zachey watches the whole game...usually it involves multiple snacks, but he does pay attention and yell "GO Kenna!"

Today we were driving by some soccer players and he said, "Mom, when I big boy I play soccer." I said "Yes, you can play soccer when you are big."

Zachey replied with, "Yeah and I get chock-lit goldfish!"

I guess he really paid attention to Kennas snack last week. She shared and it must have been the highlight of his game. The kid is definitely motivated by food!!

No comments: