Monday, January 02, 2012

Major Milestones

A few major events in the Skinner house. Grayson has one tooth (bottom right) and is most assuredly working on more. He has not been taking naps/eating/happy at all....poor Eski this week. Poor mommy at night...

On an unrelated note, I decided that I will stop nursing him. I made it 7 months, but the last few days he has been interested in looking around, and using me as more of a teething ring than a food source. Needless to say it hurts. He is now eating baby food, and in a few months will be able to have whole milk, so I guess this is it. We had a bit of a "moment" last night where he was eating and looking at me lovingly. I rubbed his head and started bawling knowing it would be the last time I would ever feed a baby that way again. It sounds ridiculous, but was a really hard decision for me. This is a stage of my life that has gone by far too quickly...no more new babies.

And on a much lighter note, I got teary eyed again tonight. McKenna had her friend Megan over for dinner, after spending the night at her friend Peyton's house. I love watching her interact with her friends, seeing the sort of playmate she is, and the friend she has become to them. We were eating grilled sandwiches and pan roasted potatoes. I forgot to put ketchup on the table. Rather than ask for it, McKenna got up out of her chair, grabbed it out of the fridge and brought it to the table, all while holding a conversation with Megan. I stood there, aghast....who is this grown up little lady? Again, it seems silly, but that is the first time she has ever just gotten an item that she needed for dinner rather than asking for it. We are in the twilight zone!

No comments: