Thursday, January 19, 2012

McKenna Happenings

Mrs. Stevenson has said that McKenna is a model student. She has won the very prestigious bee award for behavior twice. Only one person per grade wins it a week, so having won it twice is quite the honor! It is rather ironic that on the very day she got her picture taken to put on the beehive wall, we were sent home a "minor slip." These are sent home when students receive a reprimand of some sort. You could tell she was all on edge about it. After the boys went to bed I told her we needed to talk. (She didn't realize I had found it in her bag.) So Josh, Kenna and I had a very grown up conversation about behavior. Apparently, Libby and Kenna both wanted to play with blocks during center time. Sounds as if Kenna pushed Libby first and they kept hitting eachother....yikes. We asked her how she could have better handled it, and she gave us lots of better choices. Then we asked her what she felt an appropriate punishment was. She decided no TV for a week. And I am very certain she learned her lesson. I wrote Mrs. Stevenson and apologized. She ensured us that it was an isolated incident and was two sided. Still wasn't happy to get a behavior report, but seems as if it won't happen again.

On a lighter note, something that had me rolling laughing. We are teaching Zachey big, bigger biggest (he really knows it already, but sometimes fun to put things out of order.) In the car coming home from Eski's I asked Zachey who the biggest kid was, he replies "Kenna!" Then I asked who the smallest kid was he says "Grayson!" Then Kenna says, and Zachey is the middlest! Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was hilarious!

No comments: