Saturday, January 14, 2012

Silliness and Fondue


Just some funny pictures from life lately. I have been spending my "days off" preparing for my substitute teaching gig in March (sub-ing for a counselor at the elementary level.) I am also picking McKenna up from school everyday, which has been both wonderful and challenging as I try to mute my conference call run up to the school, get her, run home, find something for her to do and unmute. She goes back to YMCA afterschool care the middle of February because I have a lot of traveling that month...and there really is no way Josh can get her.

I also had a great date with Zachey the other day. We went to the library and played with the new lego table. Then off to the park (it was 60 DEGREES in January!) Also had some great time with Kenna. I took her and Peyton to the muppet movie last weekend. Pretty hilarious! There was lots of adult humor, I would totally recommend it!!

Below is a picture of Zachey pretending to be Rylee. He is really into pretending these days, dinosaurs, superman, cars, whatever is laying around. He has started talking as if he is the primary caregiver of his giraffe "jaffey." "Jaffey sad mom" or "Jaffey weally tired." So cute!



Also last weekend we had an impromptu fondue night. Luckily I had some frozen Gruyere and Fontina cheese in the freezer, so whipped up a cheese fondue. Cut apples, bread, peppers, broccoli and carrots for the appetizer. Then we had pork chops as a main course and finished with chocolate fondue for dessert with marshmallows, pretzels, and bananas. The kids weren't a fan of the cheese, probably because it was made with white wine, but they definitely loved the dessert!!





Grayson is doing a good job of sitting on his own now. He still topples when he isn't paying attention. This was a cute picture because Kenna is his favorite person in the whole world. No one can make him laugh like her. Also, you can see my new favorite pictures in the background. We got 11x14s of them and hung them on the wall. Hopefully will be able to update each time we have a photo session :)

No comments: