Saturday, May 26, 2012

Karate Birthday


I was in Las Vegas until late Friday night the day before Kenna's birthday on the 19th. And to make matters worse, I found out that the twins in Kenna's class were having their party at the same time on the same day! So I was really worried that none of the kids Kenna wanted to come to her party would be there. But I did hear from a lot of Kenna's non-school friends, so I knew a few would come!

I promised McKenna that I would make her a butterfly cake, half strawberry, half chocolate. It actually wasn't too bad once I got going! I LOVE Wilton's melts!!




Final Cake turned out well if I do say so myself! I almost ran out of room for the writing...will have to get better at that...(I hate writing!)

Her party was at Dojos and it was really fun. Almost everyone she wanted to come, came and I really had nothing to worry about!!

They did an obsticle course, learned a karate lesson, and some of the karate moves that Kenna learns in class. She got to lead the class which I think was her favorite part ;)








The kids LOVED watching Kenna cut the cake with a real samari sword, and she opened her presents. Then I gave them some karate headbands and they practiced their moves one time.


They finished the day breaking boards. A lot of the kids did really well!
 

Because I'm crazy I thought having 4 six year old girls over would be a good idea. They were pretty good, only mild drama about "she won't play with me" or "I don't want to do that" but they went to sleep on time! They watched a Barbie movie and played on the playhouse. The basement was perfect because we could just close the door! We had make your own pizzas for dinner and cinnimon rolls for breakfast!

Allie, Kenna, Peyton and Chloe

Happy birthday sweet girl, I hope it was a memorable one!! Love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pictures of the karate birthday is memorable. Good and very nice collection of pics..........